Sponsor a Child in Africa
Sponsoring a child through SOS Africa is a truly unique life changing experience not only for the child but also for you, the sponsor. The sad fact of the matter is that without the help of our sponsors, the children supported by SOS Africa would have little hope of securing any education at all. Often the only government schools available to these children have average class sizes of between 100 to 200. For the children of more developed societies, education is something that is taken for granted and is often seen as a burden; for many African children it is a lifelong dream. By sponsoring an African child through SOS Africa together we can make these dreams a reality.
Click here to: Meet Children Currently Awaiting Education Sponsorship
Click here to read: "Meeting the children we sponsor in South Africa for the first time; a memory which will last forever” by SOS Africa Child Sponsors Gerry and Heather...
Unlike larger African charities, SOS Africa is a more personal, UK based grass roots organisation. This enables us to tailor our sponsorship programme to meet the needs of both the sponsor and the African child they are supporting. Whether you are an individual, a group of friends, a business or a school looking to sponsor a child in Africa, we can develop a sponsorship plan to cater for the requirements of your friends, colleagues or students.
SPONSOR A CHILD'S EDUCATION - £20 or $32 per month
By choosing Option 1, you can sponsor the school tuition of a child in Africa. This sponsorship will ensure that the child supported receives a high standard of education at one of the schools attended by the SOS Africa children. In return (upon request), we are happy to send you the child's quarterly school reports to keep you updated on his or her progress.
SPONSOR A CHILD'S EDUCATION AND CARE - £50 or $82 per month
Alternatively, option two allows you to sponsor the complete education and care of a child in Africa. This money will ensure that the child supported receives the following:
- A high standard of education at one of the schools attended by the SOS Africa children.
- Aftercare support every afternoon, after school (including extra maths lessons and student mentoring).
- Weekly swimming lessons.
- All necessary school clothing and equipment.
- Transportation to and from school.
- Additional student care and support.
In return, we are happy to send you the child's quarterly school reports to keep you updated on his or her progress, as well as photo albums, email correspondence and updates via the SOS Africa Children's Blog.
MAKE A SMALL MONTHLY DONATION TO PROVIDE A CHILD WITH...
- Remedial Lessons for a child with learning difficulties by donating £10 or $13 per month.
- A Nutritional Programme for a child by donating £10 or $13 per month.
- School Uniform for an SOS Africa child by donating £5 or $8 per month.
- Stationery for an SOS Africa child by donating £2 or $3 per month.
When you have selected your sponsorship option, contact us and we will answer any questions you might have and send you the profile of the child you will be sponsoring or click here to set up your monthly donation to SOS Africa...
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: (+44) 01749 344197
By Post: SOS Africa, 21 High Street, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 5AA, UK
Our African education charity provides
- A personal approach - the charity is run by a close group of family and friends easily contactable if updates are required.
- A holistic education programme - Including school tuition, aftercare support, transport, clothing and stationery.
- Regular child progress reports - we maintain strong lines of communication between child, organisation and sponsor.
- Minimal charity expenses – 100% of your donation will be invested in the education and care of the children we support.
More information about Sponsoring a child through SOS Africa is also available here...